Core Yoga – Fitness Yoga Pilates Distance Education Course
30-hour fitness, yoga, Pilates distance education course for yoga, fitness, Pilates, and mind-body movement professionals.
Core Yoga is a Yoga/Pilates fusion class that blends the dynamic flow of Vinyasa Yoga with the precise techniques of Pilates to create a dynamic experience of mindful movement and meditation in motion. Core Yoga combines breath, awareness, core strengthening and stretching techniques to strengthen and mobilize the body, calm and focus the mind, improve breathing and posture habits, and enhance mindfulness in movement. Suitable for all levels, Core Yoga is an adaptable, accessible, and inclusive movement practice.
Cost: Distance Education: $335 + $10 Express Post Shipping
Outside of Australia? Please choose the Online Education package
PayPal – use any credit card safely and securely
Bank Transfer – Australia only
What’s Included in the Training Package?
You will receive both digital (downloadable) and posted (hard copy) materials:
- 83 page workbook
- 5 lesson plans to guide your studies
- 60 minute Live Class video
- 40-technique Pose-by-Pose video
- multiple choice assessment
- self-assessment form for practice teaching
Who Can Study Core Yoga?
Yoga Instructors, Personal Trainers, Fitness Instructors, Pilates Instructors.
How Long Will It Take Me to Complete the Program?
We estimate the study, practice, and practice teaching will take about 30 hours.
How Do I Get CPDs/CECs for completing the program?
The program is recognized by;
- Yoga Alliance 30 CEUs
- Fitness Australia 7 CECs
- Yoga Australia 30 CPDs
If you belong to another yoga or fitness organization, speak to them directly about using this program towards continuing education credits.
Can I teach right away after this program?
If you are already a registered Yoga, Pilates or Fitness professional yes you can teach right away under your current professional membership/registration. If you do not carry certification as a yoga or fitness professional, you will require a minimum of 200 hours of yoga study or certificate in fitness before you can teach professionally. For details on current standards visit your national yoga or fitness organization.
How is the Program Assessed?
There are two assessment components: a multiple-choice written assessment, as well as a practice teaching element. The practice teaching is self-assessed – this means that you find some volunteers and practice teaching 5 Core Yoga classes with a variety of people, and then go through the practice teaching journal to self-assess how things went ie: what flowed, what didn’t flow, what you want to practice more, and what was your volunteer’s feedback. Once you have completed your written assessment and five practice teaching sessions, return your assessment forms to firstname.lastname@example.org for review and to receive your certificate of completion.
How Can I Use This Program?
You are welcome to teach this sequence as it is instructed in the course, or blend the movements into any mind/body class, private training session, or yoga session. There are no rules about how you can use this program, no ‘set choreography’, and we welcome you to use your knowledge, experience, and creativity with Core Yoga to create amazing classes for your students.
Are There Any Ongoing Fees?
No, there are no licensing fees, no ongoing costs, and no certification renewals required for this program.
Areas of Study
- Technical Study: Postures, Breathwork, Relaxation, Cueing, Group Teaching.
- Theory and Methodology: Cuing and Correcting Skills, Marketing and Managing Group Classes.
- Anatomy and Physiology: Core Yoga Anatomy.
- Philosophy: Five Core Concepts, History of Yoga, History of Pilates, Code of Ethics.
- Practicum: Teaching Group Sessions including physical postures and breathwork.
Who Can Practice Core Yoga?
Core Yoga can be adapted to meet varying levels of fitness, balance, and body awareness, however it is not suitable for the prenatal student, and completion of this program is not sufficient training to provide prenatal movement instruction. Vinyasa Flow is also not suitable for those with acute or chronic musculoskeletal injuries, conditions, or illnesses without medical clearance.
- There is no required time-frame for completing the program – work at your own pace – but we recommend completing the coursework within a 4-8 week period to ensure best learning and retention.
- If a technical issue exists in any course materials ie: DVD, replacements will be provided at no cost.
- Once the program package has been opened or downloaded, the program is non-refundable.
- If you choose not to complete the program, it may be transferred to another person.
- If a student does not complete the coursework with a passing grade of 80%, they are able to retake the assessment at any time.
- Certificates are awarded only after receipt of all coursework including practice teaching journals and completed course assessment.
Want to Try Before You Buy? Check out heaps of free Core Yoga downloads at the Yoga Trinity SHOP
Still have questions?